While preparing to teach a new class through Dominican Hospital’s PEP…on Journal Writing to Decrease Stress and Increase Mindfulness, I’ve been reviewing all the terrific books I have on keeping journals and the importance of doing so. Re-reading “The New Diary” by Tristine Rainer, who happened to be a friend and colleague of Anais Nin, who writes that the journal (diary) is a tool for living creatively. As a poet, it thrills me to know that I have yet another tool for approaching my craft. I’m making this a new year’s resolution…more diary entries…Join me for the class to learn more beginning on Monday, January 7. Email, call or text for details. And Happy New Year! Happy Writing!
- Summer Writing Conference June 28, 2022
- Why Poetry Matters February 17, 2019
- Going to Mars February 7, 2019
- Journal Writing January 3, 2019
- Multi-Language Poetry Pop-Up at the Kemetian Lounge November 1, 2017